Fleas can hop onto your pet from any of their favourite places – the garden, the park, the pub… nowhere is safe. And with 5 fleas on an untreated pet leading to more than 1 million eggs infesting your home in only 4 weeks*, you’ll want to kick the microscopic mingers where it really hurts.
Here are 5 top tips for how to supercharge your pet’s protection against fleas:
1. Apply Itch Flea spot-on treatment every month, without fail
Any gap in your pet’s flea treatment routine, and you can bet your bottom dollar those fleas will be ready and waiting to make their move. They’ll hop onto your pet and before you know it, they’ll be hitchhiking a ride into your home. Then they’ll start shagging away, rapidly multiplying and embedding themselves in every nook and cranny they can find.
Save yourself the drama by treating your pet on time every month with Itch Flea. Itch Flea’s vet-approved, fast-acting, double-action spot-on flea treatment kills adult fleas within 24 hours, halts all other flea life stages in their tracks, and stops any new fleas joining the party, protecting your pet until their next monthly treatment.
Remember to apply Itch Flea the day it arrives through your letterbox. This will maintain your pet’s cycle of protection. Happy days!
2 – Apply flea treatment to your pet’s skin, not their fur
Itch Flea works its magic when it’s absorbed via your pet’s skin. Follow these steps to boss your pet’s next flea treatment application:
- Remove your Itch Flea pipette from the foil pouch
- Snap the end off
- Part your pet’s fur between their shoulder blades
- Apply the entire contents of the pipette to their skin
- Give them a treat afterwards
It’s as easy as that! Here’s a video demonstration so you can see each of these steps in action.
3 – Don’t let them get wet for 48 hours after treatment
This will wash away the flea-fighting goodness! When we say ‘getting wet’, this includes::
- Going out in the rain
- Licking (we see you, other pets…)
We know it sucks to feel like you’re spoiling their fun, but it’s only for a couple of days and after this, they can get as wet as they like – all while staying flea-free!
4 – Find out if you have an active infestation
Listen, there’s no shame in your pet getting fleas. They’re everywhere – and they’re determined little blighters.
If you have an active infestation, tackling this will call for a slightly different approach. Don’t worry though, we’re here to help you bring out the big guns.
First things first, let’s find out if those fleas are dead or alive. Here’s a quick and easy way to check…
5 – Have an active infestation? Treat your home, as well as your pet!
Only 5% of fleas live on your pet. Itch Flea Home Spray will deliver almost certain DEATH to the other 95% of fleas hiding around your home.
Itch Flea Home Spray’s double action formula not only kills newly hatched adult fleas, but also prevents fleas at other life stages from developing, interrupting the fast and furious flea life cycle. Plus, it will continue to kill adult fleas for up to 2 months after application! Sucks to be you, fleas.
There are other things you can do to help annihilate the pests alongside using Itch Flea Home Spray, such as washing all soft furnishings on a hot cycle (60 degrees will obliterate fleas). This includes all bedding – yours, as well as your pet’s! Make sure you give all flooring a good ol’ vacuum too. Go on, make Mrs Hinch proud.
How to buy Itch Flea Home Spray:
You can purchase Itch Flea Home Spray for £12.99 for a 500ml can. To place your order, call our customer service team on 020 3370 0905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll send it out on a next-day delivery so you can start showing those fleas who’s boss, pronto.
After treating with Itch Flea Home Spray, it’s important you keep on top of your pet’s regular monthly application of Itch Flea. This will ensure ongoing protection of your pet against fleas, ticks, and lice.
Seeing fleas after treating?
It’s fairly typical after you’ve applied Itch Flea for there to be a period of hyperactivity amongst the fleas as the product takes effect, and this can cause an increase in itching.
This is nothing to worry about and it should settle down after 24 hours.
If after this time your pet continues to scratch, there could be something else going on. If this is the case, we’d recommend having a chat with your vet.
We’re here to help!
We’re a dab hand at fighting fleas if we do say so ourselves. The pet wellness pros in our customer service team are ready to support you with any advice you might need. Drop our team a message 8am-10pm or call us on 020 3370 0905 Mon to Fri 8am-4pm.
*Based on an untreated pet having 5 fleas not being groomed off, each laying 50 eggs per day, developing into new fleas in 14 days and new fleas jumping on and laying more eggs.